Date Started: Sometime in 2002
Date Completed: April 16, 2005
Fabric: M.C.G. Textiles 28 ct Rose
Dimensions: 9" x 21.75"
This is my first Mirabilia project. Saw it in a store in Michaels and instantly fell in love with it. Unfortunately it came to a complete halt for 2003 due to wedding, work and school. Am currently back on track. Discovered that I had cut the fabric almost exactly the size of the picture with maybe only a 5mm border left. Ended up spending quite a bit of time hemming up the sides to ensure it won't unravel. Won't be making that mistake again!
Tried some gridding for the first time. Pretty useful. Will continue to add gridding as I work down. Am pretty happy with my progress this week. Progress is going to be pretty slow from now on since class has started (two nights out of the week stuck in class).
Almost done with the bottom part of her dress. Ran out of Kreinik 273 though. Will have to order it online sometime, as I don't have a reasonably close LNS nearby.
Didn't update last week since not much progress was done. I was working on Vermillion Stitchery's March Fairy during that time.
Converted woman's skin color following MLI's Asian colors. Did over one for the skin.
Converted man's hair to blonde (conversion taken from Rose of Sharon) and gave him a haircut.
Converted woman's hair to dark brunette (hair actually looks darker in real life than on the picture above). Conversion colors are 310, 3031, 3371 and 838 in place of 3371, 433, 838 and 434.
I didn't get a chance to work on The Kiss from Sept to Dec 2004 (school). Converted woman's skin to asian. Conversion colors are 739, 437, 436 in place of 948, 754 and 758. Backstitching of woman's skin with 435. Eyebrows with black.
Beading is fun. I love how the beads look.
Finally completed! The stitching of the picture was completed on March 21, 2005. I was slow about actually stitching the names and date. The 2nd to last picture is pieced together from 2 scans (My scanner is not that big!).